factory reset dell laptop 2022 – Restoring dell laptop
factory reset dell laptop 2022 -Helpshunt: A factory reset on a Dell laptop can be done in various ways.Restoring a Dell laptop back to its factory settings offers several advantages, but it also has the potential to bring about a few disadvantages.
On the one hand, a factory reset may fix software problems and even remove viruses and other malicious software. On the other side, if you don’t perform it correctly, you might be “bricking” your laptop or losing all your data.
This article will teach you how to do a factory reset on a Dell laptop running Windows 10, as well as Windows 8, and by utilizing the Dell recovery disc.
How Do You Factory Reset Dell Laptop?
What does it mean when something is genuinely reset to factory settings? The data stored on your Dell laptop will be deleted, and any previously saved settings will be reset if you restore it to its factory settings.
Therefore, before continuing with the reset, you need to make sure you have a backup of all the data you want to save. A backup may be created with the assistance of an external hard drive or via cloud storage, such as that provided by Google Drive or Dropbox. Creating backups of your data while you are resetting your device is, however, one of the simplest methods to back up your data.
Factory Reset Dell Laptop in Windows 10
Please follow these instructions to employ a way to factory reset dell laptop Windows 10:
Step1: You may reset your laptop by browsing your desktop and typing “Reset this PC” into the search box (the lower-left corner of your desktop or laptop screen).
Step2: Click the “Reset this PC” button. You can access the menu by going to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery, which will also give you access.
Step3: Once the Recovery window has shown, choose “Get Started” from the menu.
Step4: While resetting your device, you may save your data by selecting the option to “Keep my Files,” as was previously described. However, if you have already saved a backup, it is recommended that you pick the “Remove Everything” option to clear the disc entirely.
Step5: You can have two different choices to run the restoration depending on the version of Windows 10 that you’re using. You have the option to do a “Cloud Download” if you are connected to the internet.
If the local recovery partition on the disc becomes damaged, the cloud option is an excellent alternative. In any other case, you may choose the “Local Reinstall” option. Please consider that selecting this option will only be successful if the local recovery disk has not been damaged.
Step6: Use the “Clean Data” option to delete everything from your storage. You should not miss this step since you do not want anybody else to be able to access your data if you plan on reselling a used laptop to someone else in the future.
Step7: In the last step of the procedure, be sure you follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
Factory Reset Dell Laptop in Windows 8
Resetting your Dell is possible at any time, even if you are still running Windows 8, and the processes are quite identical to those that were explained in the previous section:
- To access the Update & Security menu, pick Settings from the Start menu’s drop-down menu, then click on the Start button again.
- After that, to begin the process of resetting this computer, click the “Get Started” button that is located under the “Reset this PC” option. However, if your laptop requires a password to access the system, and you have forgotten the password, there is another option to execute a system restoration. To begin, restart your laptop while trying to hold down the Shift key while you are on the Welcome screen.
Using this simple combination, you can access advanced boot menu settings. When the menu appears, go to “Troubleshoot,” then pick “Reset this PC,” and finally “Exit.” You will now reinstall Windows 8 after erasing all of the data, including the password that you have forgotten.
ALSO READ: How to find recovery key for dell laptop
How to factory reset dell laptop on Older Models
To get started, you need to restart your laptop. When the screen finally turns on, you may test out the following:
- As soon as the operating system has completed its restart, tap the F8 key. This step must be taken even before the Dell logo appears on the screen.
- You should be able to access the advanced boot options menu by pressing F8. From this menu, choose the option to “Repair Your Computer,” then press the Enter key. After selecting your language, click the “Next” button. Enter your admin password when required, and click the “OK” button.
- Proceed to the option marked “Dell Factory Image Restore” when ready. When asked, choose the option “Yes, reformat the hard disc and restore system software to factory state,” and click “Next” once again.
- The process of resetting the device to factory settings will start. Check that your Dell is perfectly connected to the power socket during this time. A loss of power might cause your Windows installation to be deleted or trapped in an endless restoration cycle.
After the factory settings have been restored, you may start configuring Windows on your laptop as if it were brand new by selecting the “Finish” button after the process is complete.
Conclusion: factory reset dell laptop
The fastest and most straightforward way to clear viruses and other harmful software is to restore a used Dell laptop to its original factory settings. However, it is essential to generate a backup before continuing with the reset since failing to do so puts you in danger of shedding all your saved data, documents, and applications.
In addition, there is more than one way to execute a reset on a Dell, which means that if one of the techniques does not work, you can always try one of the other options. And if you don’t want to risk disconnecting your laptop or losing your operating system entirely, then be sure to follow the tutorial step by step.
We do not intend to infringe any intellectual right, artist right or copyright. If you feel any of the content posted here is under your ownership just contact us and we will remove that content immediately. Or if you require a suitable credit please let us know.
FAQS: Factory reset dell laptop
a factory reset may fix software problems and even remove viruses and other malicious software.
if you don’t perform it correctly, you might be “bricking” your laptop or losing all your data.
Yes, you can do it ,we already provide the procedure of the factory reset.
Yes, you can factory reset the Dell laptop in Windows 8 , we already provide the procedure of the factory reset.